When you have an urge or need to buy something but you know you cannot reach that place instantly, you opt for the shorter way i.e. online shopping. Globally, there has been an increase in the number of people who are shopping over the Internet.
The growth of the internet and e-commerce over the past few decades has slashed the retailers market. In the battle between brick-and-mortar store and e-commerce sites, the winner is the latter. The reason being so, these e-commerce sites offer unlimited products and services which is impossible to get from the store. These online stores offer branded clothes, perfumes, accessories and many other goods at a single place and with heavy discounts.
Online shopping became widespread during the Internet boom in the starting of the 20th century. The reasons for buying online are numerous, but there are cons too. Let’s have a deeper look at the pros and cons of online shopping:
Benefits Of Online Shopping
- Incredible Convenience: It is convenient, faster and cheaper.
- Quick: There are no lines or queues to wait in, and you can do your shopping in minutes.
- Infinite Choice: You have thousands of choices to choose from clothes, mobile phones, furniture, perfume, toys, jewelry, watches etc.
- Fair Prices: The product comes to you directly from the manufacturer or seller, so you get the best prices always.
- Price Comparisons: You can compare prices of the same product from hundreds of different vendors.
- Consumer Reviews: You can quickly read consumer reviews of the product you wish to buy for yourself.
- You can send gifts more easily: Sending gifts to your friends or relatives has become much easier and convenient throughout the world.
- Fewer expenses: When you went to a shop or a mall, you end up buying more than what was required. But the case is different here and you buy only what you need.
- Discreet Purchases: Online Shops enable you to purchase undergarments or other things without the embarrassment.
- Availability: Time does not act as a barrier in online shopping and you can shop anywhere and at any time.
Disadvantages Of Online Shopping
- No Trial: If you are unaware of your correct measurement, you might end up ordering a wrong size dress for yourself. You cannot try a product or fabric online. So, you will have to compromise here.
- Help: If you need any assistance or help in purchasing a product, you will have to wait for 24 hours.
- Privacy and security: It is the most common disadvantage and a threat of e-commerce websites. There have been many cases in past when card details were forged and misused by hackers
- Delay in delivery: The delivery of the product to customer’ s doorstep takes about 1-3 weeks.
- No Bargaining: Online shoppers do not have the power to negotiate the price and payment terms that they get in local stores.